AIR COMPRESSOR FOR MANUFACTURING
ELGI’s reliable and energy-efficient compressed air systems are designed to lower running costs and environmental impact for our manufacturing industry customers. This in turn helps customers meet their production requirements and business goals for success by maximizing operational efficiency and profitability under reduced cost of ownership.
WHAT ARE AIR COMPRESSORS USED FOR IN MANUFACTURING?
Now, Compressed air is an essential energy source for manufacturers relying heavily on modern innovations and mechanical systems in a variety of operations. Manufacturing air compressor systems are critical needs for Industrial buildings, pumping systems, material handling, primary processing, and the maintenance and repair of various machinery and equipment. It supplies the motive force to the manufacturing industry for more safer and convenient production process.
TYPICAL USES OF COMPRESSED AIR IN THE MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY INCLUDE:
- Spray finishing equipment — to vaporise paint so it can be applied to components and products.
- Air operated tools — air tools are preferred to electric tools as they are light and easy to handle.
- Air operated lifting equipment — air hoists can be used for a multitude of lifting operations.
- Shot blasting — air is used to propel grit or shot for blasting and cleaning operations.
- Cooling & heating — air is used in a vortex tube to create high volumes of hot and cold air for industrial heating and cooling processes.
- Cleaning — air is used for cleaning processes in manufacturing facilities.
WIDE VARIETY OF MANUFACTURING ACTIVITIES AND APPLICATIONS THAT REQUIRE COMPRESSED AIR INCLUDES:
- General manufacturing – Clamping, stamping, tool powering and cleaning, controls and actuators.
- Furniture manufacturing – Air piston powering, tool powering, clamping, spraying, controls and actuators.
- Plastics, silicone and rubber manufacturing – Mold press powering, tool powering, clamping, and forming, injection molding.
- Metal Fabrication – Assembly station powering, controls and actuators, injection molding, tool powering, and spraying.
- Glass, Stone, Clay – Conveying, blending, mixing, controls and actuators, glass blowing and molding, cooling.
- Mining – Hoists, pumps, pneumatic tools controls and actuators.
- Food and Beverages – Dehydration, bottling, controls and actuators, conveying, spraying coatings, cleaning, vacuum packing.
PRODUCT CATEGORIES APPLICABLE
TO THIS INDUSTRY
Single Stage Belt Driven Piston Air Compressor